Happy Homemaker Monday #17#







Week *17* 

Rememberance Week

I'm a bit late this week ...... it's Wednesday already!  I don't know where the days are going.  
Last Sunday was Rememberance Day and we all went to our local town to remember together at the 'Monument du Mort'.  Sadly there were very few people there, but we feel it is a very important tradition to keep up and it is important that all our family go together.  Afterwards we all stop for a while at the village hall for drinks and nibbles!  
This week the children have all started back at school and getting up in the dark has not been easy for any of us!  I do miss them all when they are not here.  Only 6 weeks until the next holiday.

Here's our week ahead ..........

The weather::: 

Min.Max.
Mercredi
Ste. Sidoine
/
Jeudi
St. Albert
/
Vendredi
Ste. Marguerite
/
Samedi
Ste. Elisabeth
/



Right now I am:::
Feeling a lot better this week.  I am sitting in the armchair in the dinning room next to my lovely grandfather clock.  It's nearing the end of the afternoon and the nights are falling quickly now so soon it will be time to feed the animals and put them to bed ~ but for a few minutes now everything is quiet!


Thinking that:::
It's Richard's birthday on Friday so we are all trying to secretly wrap presents and draw birthday cards. We think we will have his cake at the weekend as he and C won't be back until late Friday evening ~ there will still be time to unwrap some presents though!

On my/our reading pile(s)::: 
"Sovreign" by C.J.Sansom
"The Enchanted Wood" by Enid Blyton
C: "Power Games " by Tom Clancey
H: "Les souris et des hommes" by John Steinbeck
M: "Les deux gredins" by Roald Dahl
W: Biff and Chip books (Oxford Reading Tree)
R: ?? He does most of his reading in his bus so I usually have no idea which book he is on


On my TV:::

The Paradise (I recorded this series and watched the first prog yesterday ~ I think I am going to enjoy it !! A good Downton substitute!)
Strictly Come Dancing (Saturday night family viewing)
Alphas
DCI Banks

On the menu for this week:::
Monday - Pork chops
Tuesday - Fish pie
Wednesday - Chicken in creme fraiche and honey
Thursday - Beef bourguignon
Friday -  Macaroni cheese

Saturday
 - Roast duck (Rich's birthday choice)
Sunday
 - Roast beef and yorkshire puddings

On my to do list:::
*Wrap Rich's birthday presents
*Some more organising of our freezers to try to make space for some beef
*Write a post about the November "Thanksgiving Calendar" that I made with the little ones
*Tidy the work room and file school resources properly!
*Finish painting H's bedroom
*Laundry (as always) 

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::  
*Another Granny Blanket (I am so tired in the evenings at the moment, I think this is going to take me a long time!)
*Start on the presents for the teachers and helpers at school
*Homemade advent calendars??

 Looking around the house:::
*It's bright but chilly outside
*I still have yesterdays shopping from the Chinses shop to put away
*The bread maker is beeping to tell me the bread for supper tonight is ready ~ I just have time to put another loaf on incase R is very hungry
*The washing machine is coming to the end of it's cycle

What is everyone else doing right now?:::
*M is playing with the wooden train set in the playroom
*H is helping W with his homework upstairs
*C is doing some revision for an exan he has next week (at least I hope he is!!)
*R with our neighbour fixing the round baler





On my mind:::

*R's birthday this week
*English lessons at school ......
*Whether H is going to manage to keep her bedroom tidy so that I can finish painting it
*An unexpected tax bill that arrived this week :o(
*Christmas has started sneaking into my thoughts quite regularly already



I hope you all have a great week!

Today I am going to link up with other "Happy Homemakers" here at Diary of a stay at home Mom so please pop over if you want to see what others are up to this week all around the world. :o)

Comments

Popular Posts