❖Happy Homemaker Monday *14* ❖


Happy Homemaker Monday
Week *14* 
I can't believe I missed last week, I have tried so hard to keep up with my blogging and haven't missed a 'Happy Homemaker Monday' since I started in February!  We have been busy...... the rain stopped for a while so we have been frantically working in the vegetable patch...... the tractor is working again so we have started work in the polytunnel ........ the children had 2 extra days off last week (bank holidays for Ascension)......... we had to tidy up everywhere ready for visitors..........

The weather::: 



Min.Max.
Lundi
St. Constantin
/
Mardi
St. Emile
/
Mercredi
St. Didier
/
Jeudi
St. Donatien
/

On my reading pile::: 
Not much time for reading at the moment ~ I'm much too tired when I get into bed!
"The Petersfield Post" (the local newspaper from the town where we used to live in the UK ~ our visitors brought us some back copies)
"Halo" by Alexandra Adornetto  (I've not managed to do much  reading this week)
"Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" by J K Rowling

On my TV:::
Law and Order
The Voice  (!) (The girls are hooked and are singing all day long ~ fab!!)
New Season CSI
River Cottage ~ Hugh Fernnley-Whittingstall (DVD)

On the menu for this week:::
Monday -  Spanish pork with olives     
Tuesday - Lasagne
Wednesday - Steak Hachee
Thursday - Chicken Curry

Friday -  Macaroni Cheese 
(pasta and film night!)
Saturday
 - Fajitas
Sunday
 - Roast lamb

On my to do list:::
*Lots of gardening ~ especially in the polytunnel,we need to get our tomatoes planted
*Clear out and prepare the rabbit hutches next door for our broody hens (it's not safe to leave them out in the garden as the fox is about)
*Make some Elderflower lemonade ~ the flowers are opening quickly
*Plant some sweetcorn
*Prepare my English classes for this term
*Laundry(as always) (not so easy when it is wet!)

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::  
Not much creating going on ~ all our time is taken up with the vegetable patch and the polytunnel ~ sowing seeds not sewing fabric!

 Looking around the house:::
*It's late evening so the children are all in bed
*R is watching TV 
*It's raining outside and rather windy looking at the way the trees are moving
*The house is quite tidy for a change (well downstairs not upstairs!)

From the camera:::
They want to be outside playing, but the rain just doesn't seem to stop!

On my mind:::
*The garden and the polytunnel
*C has important exams in 4 weeks ~ he's not worried, but I am!
*Springtime seems a long time coming ~ bring back the sunshine please.

Today I am going to link up with other "Happy Homemakers" here at Diary of a stay at home Mom so please pop over if you want to see what others are up to this week all around the world. :o)

Comments

Popular Posts