Happy Homemaker Monday *9*


Happy Homemaker Monday
Week *9* 
Cold, cold, cold this week and windy too, more like Autumn than Spring ~ they are predicting minus temperatures later in the week.  What a good idea of mine not to plant anything out in the vegetable garden (not really ~ I actually intended to but just have not managed to find the time (luckily)!!)  :o)

The weather::: 

Min.
Max.
Lundi
St. Benoît
/
Mardi
St. Anicet
/
Mercredi
St. Parfait
/
Jeudi
Ste. Emma
/


On my reading pile::: 
"Halo" by Alexandra Adornetto (here)  H was given this book for her birthday and said I must read it now!
"Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" by J K Rowling (I haven't read this one before so I am enjoying it as much as the children) 

On my TV::: 
Silent Witness
New Season CSI

On the menu for this week:::
Monday -
Sausages, boudin and mashed potato
Tuesday - Spaghetti  bolognase
Wednesday - Pork chops
Thursday -
Chicken curry
Friday -  Garlic pasta
(pasta and film night!)
Saturday
 - Chicken and chips (well it is the holidays!)
Sunday
 - Roast Pork

On my to do list:::
*Finish the fencing for the sheep (it was too wet to do this last week)
*Move the cows to a new field
*Sow some salad and carrots in the potager (if the weather warms up later in the week)
*Research the price of a new incubator (we have decided it is time to start keeping some chicken for eating!)
*Washing and ironing
*General house work ~ cleaning & tidying  (If the house is not in a decent state before the start of the holiday we will not be able to find ourselves by the end!!)
What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::  
M made a parrot.
*I still think I am going to start a stripy blanket as I have lots of little bits of yarn to use up  {something like this}
*I might try some crocheted hearts too {pattern here} 
*I am crocheting a daisy chain for Daisy (shhhh don't tell Beth!)

These are W's Hama bead creations

  Looking around the house:::
*Everything is a mess!!
*There are piles of washing queuing up to go in the machine
*The wind is blowing hard outside (a good clothes drying day?)
*I can hear the oven warming up for a quiche and the incubator whirring in the bootroom
*Bella is asleep on the stairs
*I am all alone, R is working all day (that rarely happens these days, it seems very strange!)

From the camera:::
I have no idea what Purple Money and Teddy Max are doing up that tree, but it made me giggle.

Maybe M knows the secret.........


On my mind:::
*Our messy house ~ how does it get so messy so quickly?
*I hope R remembers to go shopping tonight
*It's my friend Ros' birthday this week and I wont be there ~ Happy Birthday Ros!
*I need to plant some more seeds (as always at this time of year)
*Moving the cows
*The polytunnel ~ the tractor parts arrived on Saturday, but R still can't get it to work ~ so the polytunnel continues to lies dormant!
*Next week is the start of our two week Spring holiday ~ HOORAY!!

Today I am going to link up with other "Happy Homemakers" here at Diary of a stay at home Mom so please pop over if you want to see what others are up to this week all around the world. :o)

Comments

Popular Posts