Daisy Chain for Daisy {Yarn Along}

Yarn Along....

Ginny from Small Things says:


~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~ 


So here we go .........


I am a crocheter.  AS I have explained before, I tried knitting but couldn't quite get to grips witht the patterns or having to keep hold of all those stitches at once!  Yarn is also very expensive here in France, so big projects were out of the question.  So, last year I taught myself to crochet and now I am hooked!!




I love small projects like bunting and hats and purses for my girls, I also enjoy amigurumi (I can use up all my little bits of yarm and the children love them too!)


W was doing a project on monsters at school ~ he designed this one!

Christmas robins


I am in the process of using up some more bits and bobs of yarn making a stripy blanket, but I think it is going to take a very, very long time (maybe even years!!)




Meanwhile a friend back in the UK has had a baby girl named Daisy, so I am making Daisy a daisy chain for her nursery.  Here it is so far, I still have to decide how I am going to make the stem and the leaves...





Reading wise, I love reading, but I am a slow reader, much to the horror of my eldest daughter who devours books quicker than anyone else I know.  I think I just take a long time because I read at night and usually fall asleep mid sentence.



This is the pile of books H got for her birthday
With my littlies at the moment we are making our way through the Harry Potter books.  This is great for me as I didn't actually get to read them with my eldest two, they were old enough to read them by themselves.  We have reached "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix", the  language in this book is getting a bit difficult for the children, so maybe we will take a break after we have finished this one.







As for me, I am reading a book recommended by my older daughter, "Halo" by Alexandra Adornetto,  In fact, she didn't 'recommend' it as such, I think her actual words were, "Muma, you must read it now.  It's so brilliant!"  Books for"Young Adults" aren't as taxing to read when you  are tired (!) and so far it's pretty good.



Sadly I need my glasses more and more often now.
Good read recommendations for all ages are always gratefully received :o)




Many thanks to Ginny for hosting the Yarn Along.


Comments

Popular Posts